If you would like to stay more than just a few days, renting a space is a great alternative to hotels; there are several types of houses, apartments/condos, cottages to rent out – all in Provincetown. You will find a wide range of prices, the summer obviously being the most expensive than the other seasons.
- Inquire about house features beforehand – if there are small and large appliances, television, Internet…
- You have a car, ask if there will be parking spaces, something very appreciated in Provincetown, where parking can be hard to find!
- Read the comments from other guests – it’s always instructive and helpful
- Don’t hesitate to ask the owner questions and request photos
- Some house owners do not start renting out before January, so don’t wait to contact again! (j’ai des troubles avec cette phrase)
- Make connections with the owner, and before officially deciding, don’t hesitate to call him or her. If in doubt, leave it alone.
- If you wish to have some peace and quiet during the night, you should avoid the very center of town – meaning between 161 Commercial and 356 Commercial; better choices are the East or West Ends.
- Means of payment can be checks in case money is lost during travel; some owners accept international bank transfers or use Paypal or direct debit cards.
- Secure deposit your money – they will often be the most demanded in case of robbery, it’s returned in a month which follows the house stay.
Here are some housing agencies in Provincetown:
www.3HarborsRealty.com (phone: 508/349 2600)
Also some special Internet sites: Please note that the majority of owners rent out directly via these websites. These sites are practical and allow easy searching:
Some houses and condos we have liked:♥♥♥
http://www.labradorlanding.com , 2 cottages (2 to 4 people), situated right on the bay (sut), beautifully decorated, in the West End. Canoes are at your disposition to explore the bay at high tide. The owners are charming and will do whatever you need to make your stay the most agreeable it can be. They also have an apartment/condo to rent in the East End (still on Commercial Street but in the gallery district), which has been remodeled and is very comfortable.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p133575 , A charming space in the East End for four people. Great owners.
http://www.vrbo.com/366492, This is a slightly eccentric space, but very particular, the decoration subtle and vintage but with good taste. Great for those desiring a relaxing vacation. Sleeps up to 8 people.
http://www.590commercial.com, A condo on the last floor, with an immense deck and beautiful view of Provincetown and the bay. Comfortable and pretty, for 4 people.
http://www.vrbo.com/342676, This is an atypical area practically on the water, an ensemble of small « houses » situated side-by-side on Jack’s Wharf. A bohemian and pensive vibe.
http://www.weneedavacation.com/Cape-Cod/Provincetown-Vacation-Rental-9608/, A historical house on Commercial Street with a lovely owner. fits up to 6 people
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p994983, Decoration with plenty of pep and style, in a quiet area of Provincetown but still near the center.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p182580, 4 people, a pretty condo in a calm area, warm and welcoming decoration, and a very helpful owner.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p245323, Fits up to 4 people and has both great quality and price; attentive owners.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3014190, 2 people with a small budget, but has nice décor; a brand new condo just a few minutes walk to Commercial Street
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p359293, A condo redone for 4 people, a magnificent view in the East End. The owner responds quickly. If you have more guests, he also rents out a condo for six in the same building.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3505332, A condo for six, brand new, all beautiful – cross the street and you are right on the beach!
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p180455, Two people; you will like the luxury, the tranquility, this little jewel of a place is just for you!
http://provincetownvacationhome.com For 6 people, right in the heart of Provincetown center and right on the bay, very well equipped. Two bathrooms . Perfect if you are a nighthawk or even a party animal, meaning you go to sleep just when everyone is waking up. The bedrooms (spelling) on Commercial Street are almost across from Spiritus Pizza, the social hub for Provincetown’s nightlife!
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p158256, For 4 people, this gorgeous new apartment, tasteful decoration is situated just two blocks from the center of town (16 Conwell St)
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p379793, for 6 people, a perfect two bedrooms vacation condo, you will find space and calm with this rental.(5 Jerome Smith Rd, right by the doggie park)
http://www.ptownhouseboat.com, something very different but very beautiful, for an unforgettable experience, just click on the website link.